I’m happy to see that the forums are still active after the first couple of weeks that this site is in existence. That’s a very good sign.
Go visit the forums now if you haven’t in a while: http://www.puzzlehunters.com/forum/
But there’s still a tremendous amount of work to do before we puzzle-people can sleep easy at night knowing that we know where to go on the Internet to interact with like-minded people!
The keys to building a vibrant community are attracting new people all the time, and keeping people who already know about the community coming back. Right now, it’s easy to visit the site once and never come back.
To that end, I’ve been thinking about where we should take Puzzle Hunters, and I have some ideas that I’d like to run by you.
First, I’d like to develop the blog on the front page into the best source of puzzle-related news that’s available on the entire web. In order to do this, I’d appreciate your help.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Send me leads on puzzle news stories.
- If you know of some places on the web that I should check out, post a comment here or start a thread in the forums.
- If you have an upcoming event, however distant, or a review of an existing event, post it (or at least a link to it) in the forums.
- Let me know if we’re missing a forum that we really need.
- Design a better skin for the site than the WordPress/phpbb deafults.
- Volunteer to be a contributing author on the blog.